[pct-l] Hitching from Bishop to South Lake

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Jul 29 19:04:37 CDT 2007

Yes, ask and ye shall (often) receive. doesn't take any praying either.

In '79 I aborted my 2-week solo hike south on the JMT at Florence Lake.
I had taken Greyhound to Mammoth, Ca and then hitched to the trailhead.
I was sitting at the dock waiting for the ferry when a pair of other
hikers asked me about a ride back to their car. I explained my situation
and they invited me to join them. When we got to the west end of
Florence one of them found a guy willing to drive us over to their car
for $. we split the $. They were from Castro Valley and I lived in
Oakland. Wound up they drove me all the way to my apartment plus I got a
bag of home grown tomatoes. Again, didn't need to pray; just ask and
cooperate.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>