[pct-l] maps

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 18:39:51 CDT 2007

"Anna Godfrey wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
>  Please does anyone have any detailed maps of the Pacific
> Crest Trail that you could e-mail me?  I would like to begin
> my hike at Rainy pass on Highway 20 in Washington, hike
> to the northern terminus, then hike south as far as I can go.

Hi Anna,

There are some free DeLorme maps available from this site:

http://www.hikertrash.net/

Unfortunately, they only include the section, "H" for Washington, which only
goes from the Oregon border north to Gifford Pinchot National Forest.

In addition to the guidebooks (another reccomendation), if you live in
Washington anyway you might consider buying National Geographic "TOPO"
software for Washington (uses actual USGS quads), or alternately a DeLorme
Topo product (covers the whole United States, although without as much
detail as TOPO state series.)

Finally, you can always look at free topo maps at http://www.topozone.com/ .

Jon