[pct-l] PCT Thru Hike Question

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 10:39:33 CDT 2007

Oh, I get the picture Walter Mitty!!!  /cq

ps:  for those of you who aren't familiar with Water Mitty--email for explanation.

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:      Java writes: Are you planning to thru-hike in the near  future?
 Yes, I definitely plan on thru hiking the PCT in 2008.  It should be a  blast.

 As soon as I get my MegaBucks winnings I will fund a fully  supported thru hike.  This would include pack train support at many  campsites and a 2008 Monaco Signature Series motor coach to meet me at all  road crossings.  I plan to slack pack by motor coach, so I can take a  shower and sleep in a bed watching the big screen by satellite.  I will  carry a satellite phone to call ahead for the meal I want cooked when I  arrive.  I think fresh green beans with bacon, corn on the cob, fish, and a  nice wedge salad with fruit will be one of my favorites.  Add fresh  squeezed lemonade and a glass of wine and that will complete the picture.

 One thing that will be a problem will be all the hiker trash trying to  follow me --- to hang with me on this thru hike.  I could collect quite a  crowd if I am not careful.  Everyone will want to my pal, my friend, my  buddy, etc.  They will say in spite of what they had said in year's past,  they really think I am a cool dude and would like to be hiking  partners.

 I plan to do the Triple Crown with this pack train and motor coach  support.

 Your pal, Switchback the Trail Pirate