[pct-l] looking for an east of shasta cutoff advice

roni h roni_h3000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 16:10:05 CDT 2007

Possibly vetran hikers from the 70's can help me.

  I found out that hiking 15 mile days is far nicer than hiking 25 mile days so, I'm looking a shortcut to the pct from burney to somewhere in oregon, that would possibly cut off 100-200 miles of hiking while keeping my continuety.  That should possibly be done by road walking (preferebly on dirt roads) east of shasta.
  I thing that in the 70s that was the route evryone took so if someone has any route suggestions for such road-walking, which would include as much interesting hiking as possible, as much water, and as little pavment as possible, please e-mail me.

  I'm thinking that I'll take digital pictures of maps, and navigate by them, and I hope to find a delorme atlas in old station or burney (theres none here in chester).

  Thanks

  Roni (now in chester, and in a few days in old station)