[pct-l] 2008 PCT caravan

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Jul 18 13:06:04 CDT 2007

[pct-l] PCT Thru Hike Question
Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 00:48:51 CDT 2007

SWITCHBACK,  I BEGG  OFF  YOU...please, take me along on your 2008 PCT
thru-hike.
I could be your buddy-guard to protect you from trail ruffians like
Elevator.
I have been your true friend and buddy when everybody was trashing you, but
now                         they all will claim to be your friends.

Don't believe a thing they are saying they will only be after your gourme
food and
women.....Oh, yes, women....you forgot to mention women.
This leisure trekk will take 5-6-7 month or longer and I assume you are
planing on
having a flock of women part of our PCT caravan...I think women will be
extreemely
crytical for such along journy.
Yes, freshly bathed women will make us the envy of all the hikers.

May I suggest that we also have ''BRUSSEL  SPROUTS''  with our Gourmet
meals?
Switchback, I am so exited about this I can not sleep at night.

JMT Reinhold
Your buddy-guard

Java writes: Are you planning to thru-hike in the near  future?
Yes, I definitely plan on thru hiking the PCT in 2008.  It should be a
blast.

As soon as I get my MegaBucks winnings I will fund a fully  supported thru
hike.  This would include pack train support at many  campsites and a 2008
Monaco Signature Series motor coach to meet me at all  road crossings.  I
plan to
slack pack by motor coach, so I can take a  shower and sleep in a bed
watching
the big screen by satellite.  I will  carry a satellite phone to call ahead
for the meal I want cooked when I  arrive.  I think fresh green beans with
bacon, corn on the cob, fish, and a  nice wedge salad with fruit will be one
of my
favorites.  Add fresh  squeezed lemonade and a glass of wine and that will
complete the picture.

One thing that will be a problem will be all the hiker trash trying to
follow me --- to hang with me on this thru hike.  I could collect quite a
crowd if
I am not careful.  Everyone will want to my pal, my friend, my  buddy, etc.
They will say in spite of what they had said in year's past,  they really
think I am a cool dude and would like to be hiking  partners.

I plan to do the Triple Crown with this pack train and motor coach  support.

Your pal, Switchback the Trail Pirate

at