[pct-l] Marbles

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Jul 12 20:13:46 CDT 2007

Hey, y'all. I'm going out to the Marbles to do Section Q this Fri-Sun.  I
know the Sierras are markedly drier than usual, but what about this part of
CA? I'm curious how the springs are running and if bugs will be worth
worrying about.
Judson
It might be a little smokey from the small fires in the Elk creek and Sky
High drainages. The water sources should be good, basically no snow, and
bugs might be less. On my Alps trip last weekend the skeeters only showed up
at dusk and dawn. The weather lately has been super warm, and the nites warm
too. It's a good time to hike the Marbles with ultralight gear. Have a great
hike in my backyard!!