[pct-l] Scott Williamson update

Tom Griffin griffin at u.washington.edu
Sun Jul 8 11:49:37 CDT 2007

I just missed seeing Scott and Michelle who were in Stehekin the same
day I was, July 7th. They took the afternoon shuttle bus to walk over
the newly opened Agnes Creek Bridge and start the Glacier Peak section
of the PCT southbound. I did meet Sarah and Trout in town. Sarah is
doing the whole trail southbound this year and her cousin, Trout, who
did the PCT northbound last year, is doing Washington with her southbound.

They filled me in on Scott and Michelle's journey. Michelle's feet are
hurting so they took an extra zero in Stehekin. They plan to try the
damaged PCT near Glacier Peak rather than the detour, but they will
leave a note at the detour junction going southbound if it is not
possible to ford the Suiattle River. Still lots of snow between Manning
and Highway 20 and there is one solo southbounder also traveling right
now. "We almost have a pack," Sarah says.

Tom "Bullfrog" Griffin
Seattle