[pct-l] Fires

Lon Cooper loncooper at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:17:19 CDT 2007

FYI...People are allowed to return to Independence now and I  am back
at the Courthouse Motel. It appears everything in the town is ok,
except for some problem with the water treatment system, as we are
being advised not to drink the water.

Still lots of hot spots from the fire in the mountains between
Independence and Big Pine, I would expect it to be days or weeks
before the trails  connecting the PCT in this area are open.

-Lon