[pct-l] socks

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 23:26:21 CDT 2007

I would add that buying 5 pairs of shoes before your
hike is a bad idea though.  For many people, the foot
will actually change shape, and theres little point
gambling that yours won't.  Buy shoes that fit right
and work for your needs, just don't assume too heavily
that those needs won't change.  It didn't take me long
(Big Bear) to swap out my 10.5 Salomons for 11
vasques.  The Salomons were still in great shape, they
just didn't fit any more.  By the time I got to Bend
OR, I had to switch to an 11.5 Salomon.  Now I'm back
to 10.5-11 depending on brand.

yrmv------------Junaid

--- Brian McLaughlin <bmclaughlin at bigplanet.com>