[pct-l] Expedition Update

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 16:18:11 CDT 2007

Can'tQuit and La Zorra have come off the PCT.  Cant'tQuit did the part  from
KM to almost Trail Pass and La Zorra did KM to Mt. Whitney.  They are  on the
way home to Phoenix now.  Reports of it being VERY DRY out there on  the
trail.

By the way, I have ordered the LuxuryLite.com umbrella and pillow.   These
should be super nice and very light.  I am using my LuxuryLite pack  now.  I
switch back and forth between the Golite Breeze (Ray Jardine type)  and the
LuxuryLite pack.  I have made some modifications to the LuxuryLite  pack to make it
more comfortable and useable for me.  My whole set up  should be very
comfortable on the trail and restful in camp.

In any case, I am in expedition training for the next adventure and should
be ready.  I think the next hike will be to Mt. Whitney for a major  effort.
Acclimation is the big problem.  I will have to attack this  like it is a Mt.
Everest expedition.  Water should not be a problem with  all the lakes/streams
along the way to 12,000 feet.

Cheers, Switchback the Invincible