[pct-l] Lightweaight vs. ultra lightweight

Carl & Judy Rush elisenme2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:33:52 CST 2007

I'm an utra light hiker, but I never obsess about anything. I never even new
there was such a thing as an ultra light hiker until 04 when I was at the KO
party with my youngest son to hike the trail that year. I entered the best
gear contest for the hell of it won and was declared an ultra light hiker. I
picked out what I considered the best gear for the PCT having already done
the AT I had some experience, but I had know idea what my pack weight was.
When I picked out what gear to use I just use logic, like why carry a 4 lb.
tent when you can carry a 1 1/2 lb. tent that has the same amount of room in
it.
Carl