[pct-l] Big Agnes Carbon Fiber Tent Poles

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 08:12:48 CST 2007

_montypct at gmail.com_ (mailto:montypct at gmail.com)  writes:

I have a  24 ounce tent with lots of head room, tons of room for both me AND
MY GEAR, a  suspended bathtub floor, and great ventilation.  (and a  view).
----------------------------
The SixMoons Luna Solo is a  very good tent with one sided views.  My problem
is when I get under a  tarp or in a tent that blocks ANY of my views, I am
unhappy.  It is  strictly a personal preference thing.  When I am facing a nylon
wall inside  a shelter, I am wondering what is going on the other side that
would be cool to  see.  Sunsets, light playing off rock walls/grasses, shooting
stars, trees  blowing, clouds, animals, etc., etc, etc.  Sure you can try to
position  your shelter to see the most or best views, but it is not the same
as being in a  netting tent.  No competition.

I am in my shelter for 8-12 hours a  day on a trip.  I came out there to be
part of Mother Nature not to be  screened off from it, IMHO, HYOH.  Of course,
you could just use a bivy,  but I like a bug free clean netting tent much
better.

Just an old backpacker set in his  ways ........... Cheers, Switchback