[pct-l] Loading GPS Data while mid-PCT

Ken Powers kdpo at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 28 11:54:18 CST 2007

I uploaded sets of waypoints to Garmin 60CS while on the ADT. I posted the
waypoints in files split by state and posted them to my website. When I had
access to a computerI downloaded and installed EASYGPS from the web. It is a
simple and free program that installs and uninstalls very easily and
quickly. I used it to copy the waypoints to the GPS.

In the last few days I have been looking for ways to upload Tracks to my
GPS. I haven't succeeded yet, but I re-discovered a program named GPSBabel
(also a free program). This program comes both a Windows GUI version and a
commandline version. I think you could put the commandline version (and
maybe the Windows GUI version) and the data files on a CD and upload to your
GPS using the program directly from the CD. I haven't tried this, but it
appears it would work.

Ken