[pct-l] Taking Care of "The Boys"

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Thu Jan 25 01:00:54 CST 2007

The best method I have found to prevent rash in that location involves
several protocols.  First is cleanliness (bathing each evening, baby wipes
after defecation, if needed).

Second, underwear that does not tend to irritate the area due to friction (I
have had good results using boxerbriefs made from microfiber, and also
capilene bottoms (cutoff from longjohns)).

Finally, as you discovered, are topical applications of products such as
cornstarch or bodyglide.  These work only if you follow the first two
protocols, and only if you apply them at the very first hint of any
irritation (much like tending to foot blisters).  After a few nasty bouts
with rash, I use topicals as a matter of course, whether I experience
chafing or not.

BTW, the name for that region of the body is called the perineum.

Jon