[pct-l] Esbit tablets

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Wed Jan 24 19:53:10 CST 2007

Ann Urick wrote:

> I would like to ask this person who replied to the Esbit tablet wind
> problem a question concerning how this person who used the tablets
> for 5.5 months on the PCT got the resupply.  Did you put them in the
> mail with your resupplys?  Not sure how to ask this person for all to
> see?

i suppose i'll chime in on this question, since i used trioxane tablets
for my entire thru hike... i kept a supply in my bounce bucket, and
twice on the whole trip i had a re-stock sent to me, since i couldn't
fit all the fuel for the whole hike in the bucket at once. in
retrospect, this was sort of a silly/complicated way to do it, and i
probably wouldn't do it this way again, but i wanted to minimize the
amount of maildrops i'd have to be sent from home.

girlscout