[pct-l] Visitors to San Diego

tomsimon at cogeco.ca tomsimon at cogeco.ca
Tue Jan 23 07:48:49 CST 2007

Hi Paul . . .
who was asking about what his friends can do in San Diego for 2 days. . . and for anyone flying into San Diego with a
couple days to spare on the way to ADZ.
My girlfriend and I are just back to chilly Canada from spending 10 incredible days in San Diego over the Christmas
break. We were there in order to bicycle, but we did some touristy things too.
Your friends will have no problem with not having wheels in S.D. There is excellent public transit. The backbone of the
transit is several trolley lines which cover all of S.D. area. Then buses run regularly all over town.
The Zoo, being also a Botanical Garden, is not to be missed, yet costs $22 each to go around it the best way, on foot.
The Zoo is part of huge Balboa Park, which has other incredible museums.
Taking up the second day, I would recommend taking the Blue Line trolley to Old Town S.D. starting with free entry into
the Old Town State Park. Also on the same day, they could take the Ferry from the dock downtown, over to Coronado Island
for $3 each way and rent bicycles when off the Ferry to ride along the ocean bike path all the way to Imperial Beach and
back.
Have a great hiking year,
Tom Simon