[pct-l] What's good to check out in San Diego?

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Mon Jan 22 23:52:16 CST 2007

Not really related to the PCT, but hey, I couldn't find a
what-to-do-in-san-Diego-list!  If anybody has a reply to share, maybe do it
off list since it's not likely to be of much interest to most.  :-)

The two guys I'm bringing down to the trail are going to have a couple days
to kill in San Diego after their two week hike.  I was about to book the
flight when expedia complicated issues for me by presenting a whack of local
attraction tickets at discounted rates.  I know one of these guys wants to
go to the world famous zoo, so I thought it would be a nice surprise at the
end of the hike if I gave them tickets. Problem is, there seems to be a lot
of other touristy things to be done there, and there's a lot of different
options on expedia for combined tickets, etc.

So, considering these factors:

A) they won't have wheels or know their way around
B) they'll have two full days
C) one of them likes bugs and critters
D) the other is a photographer

Any recommendations on what I should get them tickers for?

If you want to see why I'm confused by the choices, search for a flight to
san Diego on expedia, go through a couple of the steps and check out the big
list of combined tickets.

Neither of these guys has traveled much or been to the states before, so I'd
like them to have as good a time as possible and see some cool stuff.

Thanks!
Paul