[pct-l] Interesting Sub 3-Pounds Pack Article

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 22:39:14 CST 2007

Hey Jeff

That pack I had when you and I were hiking in Washington was five something
(after I sent the cell phone home).
Then I dropped to 4-13 for the state of Oregon.
2006 my hike got canceled but I still used my updated thru-hike pack to hike
part of A and part of B (So Cal A and B) at 4lbs 8 oz  last March.
That included an 8.75 ft. 2.5 ounce Cubenfiber Poncho Tarp and a full
kitchen.  Warm, safe, fed and dry......... the whole bit.

Hopefully the 2007 "story" will be a 5 lb average full base weight thru-hike
of the entire PCT.

Thanks for the chance to throw out a little PR and horn blowing.

Warner Springs Monty