[pct-l] met 'first man to solo pct in 72

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Sun Jan 21 20:16:38 CST 2007

Acu4harmony at aol.com wrote:
> Has anyone considered  (or done
> recently) doing a thru hike attempting to follow the circa 1970's PCT  route?
> Only an idea for down the road some time, but was wondering what some of  the
> 'old' timers think of this? Would it be feasible?   Scott

i've definitely thumbed thru the maps on my copy of the original pct
guidebook and wondered if, for instance, the route from tecate is
sufficiently clear of private land so that one could attempt to hike it
as a cross-country route... maybe using these early maps could be the
solution for those who complain about not enough solitude on the pct!! :)

girlscout

ps scott, enjoyed the thing on cbs this morning!