[pct-l] Bandanas vs Headaches

Kevin Corcoran kevin at antelecom.net
Fri Jan 19 18:54:50 CST 2007

Switchback wrote:

>I thought I could start a new  old trend.  Years ago a lot of hikers used
>bandanas, but not too much  anymore.  It was worth a try.  I have a lot of
>GotToGo's  bandanas.  I have them displayed in my garage.  Pretty  neat.
>
>Switchback the Bandana

	On my desert backpack trips I've found that a wet bandana
around my neck provides comfort.  As a migraine sufferer, I'll get
one if I get only a little dehydrated, but a sunburn on my neck or
face will really do me in.  If you find that you get headaches on the
trail a lot, in addition to a brimmed hat try wearing a dampened
bandana.  I tie a loose knot at the ends, so it forms a wide loop and
my front collar is unobstructed. (Trail pirates, on the other hand,
only wear them over the tops of their heads, of course with the
accessory eyepatch...)

	In fact I used to always get bad headaches on trips.  I still
get them sometimes but have learned to mitigate the triggers. If any
others want to share headache knowledge, I'd be happy to engage in
discussion off-line...

Kevin "Where's My Imitrex Tablets" Corcoran