[pct-l] Thirst is the Best Water Gauge

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Jan 19 14:12:27 CST 2007

Gatorade is very high in sodium, and too much sodium that isn't used can lead to kidney stones (ever get the feeling you just can't win?).  I find that Cytomax is an excellent electrolyte replacement that is lower in sodium.  I've used it for years for mountainbiking, and now for long distance hiking, too.  It's what Lance Armstrong uses!!! Still, I'm careful to only use it when I'm losing hydration due to exercise -- I never drink it as a beverage otherwise.

 I've also heard great things about Gookinaid, which has less sugar than Gatorade.

L-Rod