[pct-l] Hitch to Lone Pine

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 16 18:02:17 CST 2007

Well, if you're headed northbound on the PCT, to get to Lone Pine you can come out Trail Pass, New Army Pass, or Cottonwood Pass. Trail Pass is the shortest and easiest way out.  All of them land you at the Horseshoe Meadows trailhead, where in my experience during hiking season there are many cars and people hanging about who might give you a lift down the hill into Lone Pine.  I've never hitched from there, but it doesn't look like it would be a tough hitch at all.

Hope that helps!

L-Rod