[pct-l] (OT) CCTG in Etna called a scam. whoa.

cmkudija at earthlink.net cmkudija at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 15 13:33:38 CST 2007

Jack, thanks for the post.  This reminds me of the "Moonies" in the 70s who
congregated around Berkeley, attracting unattached young people like me to
their "camp" in Booneville.  I eluded their clutches, but one of my
housemates had spent time with them, confirming the cult-like reputation.
This CCTG seems even worse.  Their purported hiker-friendliness is likely a
front to seduce any warm bodies they can get into their profit-making cause.

Gawd, I lead a sheltered life.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California