[pct-l] PCTA Radio Program

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 13 02:44:15 CST 2007

_cmkudija at earthlink.net_ (mailto:cmkudija at earthlink.net)   writes:

Can you  get NPR on satellite?  I confess my addiction...
-------------------------

That brings up a good point.   The PCTA needs to have a radio program.  It
would be cool to listen to it  while hiking.  I could get all sorts of trail
information; Trail Angel  support, weather, fires, hiker status, messages to
home, hiker needs, etc, etc,  etc.  This is too cool.

I want you to immediately go to the  PCTA and twist Liz B's arm to get this
done (that should be real  easy).  They could do it on NPR or some other
outlet.  Better yet  they could do it on shortwave and I could carry a small light
shortwave set to  pick it up.  My pack is getting a little crowded with all my
electronic  gear and my Nano hanging around my neck, but I can squeeze it  in.

Thanks for the input.  Your  pal, Switchback