[pct-l] Hiking Pole Tips Tip

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 23:09:39 CST 2007

I used large snow baskets last year and had trouble planting the poles on
side slopes. The basket would glance off the snow preventing the tips from
making contact. I finally took them off and wished I had kept the smaller
scree baskets. It may have been a technique problem on my part.
In 1700 miles last year I didn't need to replace a tip, but I did manage to
snap the lower pole section when I fell on it. It did get me my trail name.

Snap