[pct-l] Books on the Trail Question

Saskia saskia.home at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 8 02:01:18 CST 2007

Hi Switchback,

I've just discovered all these public domain sites for books that'll
let you listen to books as podcasts. Seach for 'public domain'  in
the iTunes store. Plus, if you like sci-fi, there is 'Escape Pod', a
podcast of unpublished sci-fi stories. Pretty cool!

copied from the web (http://www.ipodbatteryfaq.com/#16):
Yes. Belkin makes an external battery pack for the "dockable" iPod
that takes 4 standard AA batteries. Battery Tech also makes a high-
capacity external rechargable battery. Big Wave Power makes a
universal high capacity external battery and charging pack. There is
also a do-it-yourself kit that allows you to run and/or charge your
iPod from standard AA batteries.

We've used a solar charger to charge the AA batteries we used for our
camera. If you are taking electronics on the road, make sure they all
use the same sort of batteries, so you can use the same charger and
the same chargeable batteries. For example: AA batteries for iPod,
GPS, camera... I don't know the make of the solar charger, but it was
in the form of a little plastic box. We used velcro glued to the
bottom of the box and the top of my boyfriends backpack to have it
charge during the day. Worked pretty well. Solar chargers are getting
better by the year, so look into that too.

Best wishes,
Saskia / Sauce