[pct-l] Sonora Pass to Sierra City permits (?)

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Sun Jan 7 17:14:55 CST 2007

Thanks for the great info the many hikers have given. Does anyone know of a
safe place where I can park my truck in Seirra City during this 2wk trip?
~~~~~~^^^~^~^^~^^^~^^~^^~^^^^^~^~~~~^^~~~~~^^^^~~~~
I may have a good chance to hike this 180 mile section this summer over my
2wk a year PCT adventure vacation. I know that each wilderness along this
section has some very restrictive permit processes required to pass through
each one: Desolation, Emigrant, Granite Chief, Carson-Iceberg, and Mokelumne
Wilderness Areas. I would like to learn from those that have gone before how
I can pass through each one with the least legal procedure problems as
possible, while maintaining my preferred flexibility and legality on the
days I enter and leave. I know from my hikes in 1988 in Desolation, that it
had the most restrictive permit process along this section. I will not leave
the trail enroute to get a new permit; I just want to have a simple 2 week
hike with permits in hand, or attainable along the trail. I'd appreciate
hearing from other hikers, either online or offline, on how to simplify
getting the permits, or how to gracefully hike through this northern Sierra
adventure I'm dreaming about now.