[pct-l] Wild Oats

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Jan 7 05:28:20 CST 2007

Switchback wrote.....There is a big sale going on at my ''Wild Oats'' in Las
Vegas.....25% off.
Switchback,
I don't know if that is such a good deal or not.
I know when I was still young and sewing my  ''Wild Oats''  I was making
them available, free off charge, to all the good looking girls.
I never dreamed off charging for my ''Wild Oats''
I'm sure there are lots off young hikers out there sewing their ''Wild
Oats'' who would be glad to make their ''Wild Oats'' available at no charge.
So why pay for ''Wild Oats'' when they are available free.
Maybe we should start some kind off co-op or something where backpackers
could donate ''Wild Oats'' for backpackers in need off ''Wild Oats''.
I can see it already  ''SWITCHBACK  &  REINHOLD  Wild Oats  Distribution
Center''.
I will not be able to help you on this Switchback so it will be all on your
shoulders.
Backpackers wanting to donate or receive ''Wild Oats'' should contact
Switchback directly.
Having said this, it is now time to make good on my promise to Edd to go off
list and retread into a ''Lurker'' mode.
Regretfully I will no longer be able to amuse and entertain and enrich the
lives of some of our more serious and humorless members, but do not fret
Switchback is back to keep the list lively and entertaining.
It has been a fun ride but the time has come to fade away.
Hope to see you all on the trail someday.

JMT Reinhold
Your ''Wild Oats'' crusader and trail companion