[pct-l] solo tents

margarete hochhut hochhut at web.de
Fri Jan 5 07:04:53 CST 2007

Hi,

this contribution comes a bit late. I needed some time to thaw out after having been in an Igloo camp for several days. Brrrr.

I use the Acto (Hilleberg) many years in Europe. The new one is about 1,5 kg. It is an excellent tent in cold, wet weather. On the PCT you definitely are overgeared with this tent. It could be usefull up in Washington, in case you are late.

On the PCT I used Henry Shires Rainbow. It is a fine tent, plenty of space. The zip broke after the Sierra crossing. He send me a new one at once, already seem sealed.

Rita, Frankfurt, Germany