[pct-l] New Electric Transmission Line following the PCT in the San Felipe Hills

kenandeb at sover.net kenandeb at sover.net
Thu Jan 4 19:32:26 CST 2007

The recent PCT Communicator Magazine has a good article regarding a 500kV
line being proposed along the route of the PCT. First I should tell you
that I work in the regulatory affairs department of an East Coast
Electrical Utility and I have worked on transmission line filings for the
dark side. These filings create a tremendous amount of documents, which I
have only briefly scanned. I did download 50 meg or so of maps and I still
have not seen a clear representation of the proposed route in relation to
the PCT. It looks close though and as luck would have it, the route
parallels the PCT for a good distance.  The San Felipe Hills area is one
of the prettiest, quietest, remote areas in Southern California. The
ruling body on this project will be the California Public Utilities
Commission. Their Internet site regarding this is at
http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/static/hottopics/1energy/a0512014.htm
It wouldn’t hurt to drop them a quick e-mail and tell them what you think.
There are always alternatives. A bunch of e-mails might put PCT hikers on
their radar screen.

The PCT Communicator suggests the following contacts.

Send Letters / Comments to:
Billie Blachard, Project Manager
California Public Utilities Commission
505 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA. 94102
Fax:(415) 703-2200
e-mail: bcb at cpuc.ca.gov

send copy to:
Suzanne Wilson
PCTA Southern California Regional Representative
P.O. Box 798
Idyllwild, CA. 92549
e-mail SWilson at pcta.org

There is an organization called the Utility Consumers’ Action Network.
These types of organizations can be effective. Their site is at:
http://www.ucan.org/energy/electricity/sunrise_powerlink_issue_center

Hike on.
Ken R.