[pct-l] Water filters/purification

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Jan 4 19:25:27 CST 2007

In a message dated 1/4/2007 7:33:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pbaily at webuniverse.net writes:

Therefore, I choose to use a pump (also a Hiker) which gives
me  safe drinkable water as fast as I can pump, but is heavier. I also
have a  silt filter on it which helps in cartridge life if you pump
anywhere where  there is sand, etc. in the water.

I've heard wrapping a coffee filter around the acorn and the cartridge
filter itself prolongs the life of the cartridge.  It would seem so, but  does
anyone know for sure?

Sly