[pct-l] Hiking from Campo to Warner Springs

Peter "OC" Dascalos peter at onthetrail.org
Tue Jan 2 13:39:33 CST 2007

I doubt that you would run into any conditions that would require an ice ax
between Campo and 'a little past' Warner Springs. The big concern would be
potential icy spots that may require crampons to be safe to traverse
potential hazardous spots. It is not so much the snow in So Cal that is the
problem, but it turns to ice fairly quickly and can become very dangerous. I
am not sure if the Laguna's still have any snow/ice spots. This time of year
I usually will carry a set of instep crampons just to be safe. Remember "Be
Prepared" could save your life.
I will be doing some climbing up in the San Jacinto's later this week and
can update on conditions there.

OC
www.onthetrail.org