[pct-l] Ray Jardine

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 00:17:34 CST 2007

This might be of passing interest  to some of you.

Mister Jardine is one of my  heroes.  So, it was neat when I was reorganizing
my backpacking paperwork  today that I came across a note he had written to
me on my copy the ALDHA-West  newsletter (dated July, 1994).  The newsletter
was for the  upcoming annual 1994 Gathering at Oregon's Big Lake Youth Camp.

"Steve, Thanks for 1001.  Best  wishes on your upcoming JMT hike.  Give us
more notice (earlier) next time  and we'll put a notice in the Gazette.  I like
your comments about  perspective.  Take care, and God bless.  Ray"

I do not know what the 1001  means.  But I think the comment about
"perspective" might be something I  wrote him about my early thoughts on my Rhythm of
the Trail viewpoint (see  PostHoler.com/Switchback Unchained).

Anyway, I was surprised to find  this in my old paperwork today.

Your pal, Switchback