[pct-l] Extreme Light Weight Water Holder

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Feb 27 19:22:44 CST 2007

A while back I wrote about my first impression of the Aquaclip. Since
then Brian, the purveyor of Aquaclip, sent me a few samples. My first
results are summarized below.

  The gadget does seem to work fairly well and it keeps the water
convenient. Even on the cool windy afternoon we were working in, it was
nice having some water at the ready. I will take several swigs during
the day instead of just when I  go to my pack to snack, drink, and rest.

A week ago Sunday I passed out the Aquaclips to fellow volunteers on a
dunes restoration project at Tolowa Dunes State Park up here. We are
pulling european beach grass, an invasive imported by farmers to
stabilize the dunes and thus improve grazing for cattle. However the
grass easily spreads and crowds almost all the native vegetation
including rare and endangered species and generally messes up the
environment.

I also used the Aquaclip on a short solo hike and it also worked well.

The Aquaclips worked well. My 1/2 liter bottle stayed on my belt while I
hiked and pulled as did almost all the others. One man said his bottle
slipped out once during the pulling.

So all, buy one or two and give them a try.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>