[pct-l] Fishing?

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Sat Feb 24 08:59:22 CST 2007

First, yes I suspect you are crazy however unrelated perhaps.

I don't know the answer, though I think the question is fair.  From the few
stories I have seen, the fishing is so good that you hardly spend even an
hour catching a meal.  I know the smell of salt water fish is very strong, I
am not sure about ice cold small brook trout.  The one person I talked to
that did fish said he would spend about 30 minutes and catch three trout.
He would put them in a plastic bag with snow and hike on.  He would clean
and eat them at his dinner stop, and then move on a few more miles to camp.
Perhaps due to their small size (no big struggle with the hands), their very
cold environment, the fast catch and store process, and the proper "don't
eat where you sleep", this minimizes the problem.

Fresh protein does sound great on the trail.  I think your question is a
good one though.  Almost wish you had not mentioned it :-)

BillB