[pct-l] Guitar + PCT

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Fri Feb 23 01:54:37 CST 2007

AsABat wrote:
>> Has anyone done the entire trail with a guitar strap to their pack?
>>

> Yes. Singing Steve carried a Martin Backpacker Guitar a few years
> ago, and as I heard played it the last mile or so into camp. Others
> have used these guitars as well. Last year someone started with a
> larger guitar and a bunch of books so they could learn to play guitar
> on the trail. I never did hear how that worked out.

i think you're referring to smiley from 2005... he was pretty hilarious
with that thing! we were placing bets on how soon it would become
firewood... he definitely ditched it early on, not sure where...

on the day that we walked into warner springs, it was pouring down rain.
he found that his guitar wouldn't fit under his pack's rain cover, so he
just opted to strap it on in front and ended up playing it in the rain
all the way into town, even though he only knew one chord! he said he
just practiced his chord over and over... :)

girlscout