[pct-l] mp3 choices and charging

Hank Magnuski hankm at ncast.com
Thu Feb 22 09:07:48 CST 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Roland Horth wrote:

> Looking for the best solution for music and audiobooks on the PCT (not a
> huge itunes fan).  I was planning on a Sd card based music player with Fm
> radio and aaa battery, but the one I found isn't great.  Any recommendations
> out there for this and/or a solar charger to go along with it (would also
> like to be able to charge Nokia cellphone and/or AA batteries fo camera)
> Thinking I might need to make my own charger...

Sundance Solar has a quad AA solar charger for sale which is the lightest one
I've seen on the market:

  http://store.sundancesolar.com/poso4aafosob.html

and even lighter (but less robust) chargers here:

  http://store.sundancesolar.com/siflsochfora.html

You really need a charging system in place if you're going to get the weight
down. Everything I have runs on AA's. If you have one device that needs a
cigarette lighter (12V), one that uses AA's, one that needs AAA's, and one that
uses USB for charging, you'll never make it.

Hank