[pct-l] PCT Film Project Supporters - My sincerest apologies...

AlexiaJoan alexiajoan at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 19:51:19 CST 2007

TO ALL OF THE 2007 THRU-HIKERS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN PARTICIPATING IN OR OTHERWISE SUPPORTING MY PCT FILM PROJECT:

I am very sorry to be writing this email, and I have in fact been dreading it.  But I am writing to let you know that, very sadly, I will not be able to pursue my PCT film project this year.  I was offered a position at a publishing company here in Los Angeles and the demands of that position will render it impossible for me to pursue my own projects, at least for now.  The job is a very good one that I believe will open up many doors for me in my career, an opportunity that I simply can't pass up.

I was truly looking forward to documenting all of your journeys this year and to getting to know each of you further.  You have incredible stories and incredible passion, and I hope that all of you have the experience of a lifetime out there this year. I know my curiosity will get the best of me and I will be checking your trail journals to see how you're doing and what you're experiencing.

Who knows, maybe some sort of feature article can be written instead one day??!!

Thank you once again for sharing your stories and background with me and for supporting the idea of my freelance project.  I wish you all the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Alexia Gura