[pct-l] fuel sources along the trail

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 23:16:22 CST 2007

In a message dated 2/20/2007 10:42:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jplynch at crosslink.net writes:

is a  good contingency plan the little tablets?  I forget what they are...
I've never used them..

Esbit (preferred) or Hexamine.  All you really need to do is flip over  your
alcohol stove to use them.

Places I look for fuel (Heet- yellow bottle) are gas station/convinence
stores, auto parts stores, larger grocery stores, department stores with auto
sections.  Hardware stores and/or paint stores may carry denatured alcohol,  but
it's generally in larger quanities and more expensive.  Rubbing alcohol  can
be used in a pinch..

Sly
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.