[pct-l] Jansport D-3

Robert E. Riess robert.riess at cox.net
Tue Feb 20 22:56:05 CST 2007

A-16 external frame packs are the BEST ever made.  Mine is from 1976, with
two extra compartments I sewed myself, so it looks like hell, but oh does it
haul.  In 1994 I met a guy in Ranco Cayamucka who said my pack looked like
an apparatus.  But he couldn't resist putting it on and walking around for a
little bit.  Then he offered to trade his new (2 trail miles) $245,  7lb
Gregory for mine even up.  He still has his Gregory, but he looks good. In
fact, he LOOKS like he just came down from the summit of Everest.   Hike on
!  Bob Riess at the trailhead.