[pct-l] Powerlines Crossing the PCT in San Diego County

Rob Langsdorf mctrob at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 16:28:04 CST 2007

Looking over the map, it appears that the Vista Irrigation
District was trying to get the powerline located along its
southern boundary, rather than along the current powerline
route. This would mean that the line would be quite evident
to PCT hikers from the place where the trail goes into
Section 22 from section 21 and back into section 22 to the
point where the trail finally enters the trees, just south
of Barrel Springs.

The powerline would dominate the trail to Mataguay from the
PCT west for about 3 miles. It would still be an eyesore
for another mile. At one point the power company was
talking about running the line on the Mataguay side of the
hill, but Ken's map seems to show it on the south side of
S-2, but north of the hill.

All of this so SDG&E can have a powerline to carry power
into the SW portion of Riverside County.

        Rob