[pct-l] hard drive based MP3 players

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Fri Feb 16 00:38:46 CST 2007

Any opinions or experience on hard drive MP3 players?

I have 40 gigs of music and about 30 gigs of audio books to bring along.
Last time I brought an MP3 CD player and a big stack of discs in the bounce
box, but I'd love to skip all that and just have one simple device.

My worry is the temperature extremes and the constant movement for the HDD.
I think they're pretty robust, but six months of up and down and hot and
cold?

Specifically I'm looking at the 80 gig ipod.

Paul