[pct-l] (no subject)

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Tue Feb 13 13:55:52 CST 2007

Getting WAY of topic, but:

Mathematically speaking, a perfectly vertical surface isn't a "slope" by
definition (it's all coming back to me now!), therefore there would be
no gradient, or it would be an "undefined slope".

But to pull this back on-topic:

The PCT seems to always be the same grade... I think I heard once that
this is by design. Granted, some parts of the trail are obviously
steeper than others, but overall, the average slope is usually somewhere
around (in my rough estimation) 6-8%. Is there any definitive info on
this?

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE & Partners, Inc. | Architecture + Planning + Interiors
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.3388 | www.mve-architects.com