[pct-l] extra clothing

antonio jara antithesis.of.a.tautology at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 08:18:59 CST 2007

Hi! My name's antonio; Im just about to attempt the trail this season
for the first time. A lot of people have been giving me advice about
avoiding bears (e.g., packing food in separate containers camping away
from aromatic items, etc.) but I had a thought- in the colder parts of
the trail, how do you cook food in your gear, leave your coat/whatever
with your food, and hike half a kilometer or so back to your tent???
does one just have to suck it up and carry extra clothing, or what
should be done about this?
Im sure that trail veterans will know what to do.
Thanks!