[pct-l] 2008 pct?

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Sat Feb 10 04:04:54 CST 2007

Dusty Wallace wrote:
> Is anyone planning on hiking the trial in 2008?
>
> I'm a 21 year old female planning on hiking the pct in 2008. im hoping to
> find another female in the Seattle area that wants a hiking partner for the
> 2008 class. I would love to find someone this year so we can start hiking
> together. My boyfriend isn't up to the challenge so I guess im on my own.
>
> Does anyone think that just going by myself would be stupid?

hi kim, it's not stupid at all, in fact it's fairly standard procedure.
finding someone compatible enough to commit to as a full-time hiking
partner in advance is very tricky business. even long-time friend and
couples that hit the trail together have their relationships tried in
ways they'd never experienced before. you WILL meets lots of folks on
the trail, and if you want to hike with someone, you WILL find folks who
are compatible with your pace, and with your style and personality
overall. the best thing to do is just to get out there with confidence
and see what happens- it's all part of the adventure!!

cheers-
girlscout

--
Pea Hicks