[pct-l] Newby Concerns

Dust pctttdust at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 18:41:33 CST 2007

When I was on the Colorado Trail last year, several people warned me in all seriousness of mountain lion attacks.  They'd been reading the newspapers.  One advised me to pack a firearm; another advised me to carry a stout, heavy stick; another advised me to point the ends of both trekking poles at the cat's eyes if confronted; and others suggested I should re-think hiking alone.

My advise:   If a big cat is stalking you, say "Heeeeeer kitty kitty kitty" and rub it behind the ears.  Guaranteed to bring a purr out of even the biggest baddest cat on the block.

jim persson <capt.reinell at earthlink.net> wrote:

I'm a little hesitant at times to go since I go alone and there has been quite an increase in mountain lion attacks, sightings and stalkings (another one just two weeks ago) here in California.  Any opinions, good areas, trails, sightings, cheap prices on bazookas, advice???
Thanks!
Jim
unsubscribe or change options: