[pct-l] Cowboy Style

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Feb 8 21:30:51 CST 2007

_enyapjr at comcast.net_ (mailto:enyapjr at comcast.net)  writes:

One could save even more $$ by just using an oversized groundcloth, such  as
Tyvek, and fold it over the top of the sleeping bag - but you have to fight
the wind more plus put up with being called various names relating to the
state of your mental health...

--------------------------------------
I was the first one in the world to  use spinnaker cloth as a bivy.  I just
took my GossamereGear.com SpinnTwin  tarp and folded it over with some Velcro
pads to keep it nicely closed.  It  worked great, but is not too breathable.  I
did this in the winter on the  PCT in Section E a few years ago.  I just
threw it out on the ground cowboy  style on top of a foam pad.  Another first for
the Trail  Pirate.

Speaking of NOT cowboy style, I now  use a nice freestanding Big Agnes
Seedhouse SL solo tent.  Very luxurious  for the trail and just over 2 pounds.  A
nice comfortable abode or  lair for a Trail Pirate.  Just to show you that I am
consistent, for the  upcoming Grand Canyon expedition I will arrive early (for
some day rim hiking)  and have a room at the Maswik Lodge near the south rim.
 I got a room  with TWO queen beds.  One bed is for me and the other is for
my gear.

I take care of my gear  on and off the trail with the proper accommodations!!

Thank you for your attention  --- Switchback the Lodger and Gentleman  Trail
Pirate