[pct-l] Gaiters and a few gear super secrets

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Thu Feb 8 20:37:39 CST 2007

Good evening,

This modification to put sheetmetal screws in shoe soles works well.  I have
a mix of regular running shoes and trail running shoes, and the screws
install most reliably in the running shoes.  There are a zillion shoe tread
patterns, but running shoes tend to have more flat tread surface in which
the screws can be installed, while the trail shoes typically  have a more
open tread with sharper lugs, meaning less good space to install screws.  I
can use screwed-shoes with instep crampons, but I will not use them with my
snowshoes.

Steel-Eye