[pct-l] Powerlines Crossing the PCT in San Diego County

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 13:31:57 CST 2007

Per the CPUC/BLM meeting I attended Wednesdy, The I-8 option and many others
are still open, even if they are not somehow prefered or acceptable in
statements by SDG&E.  These printed maps I received from CPUC/BLM have
options open that will greatly impact a wilderness experience on a National
Scienic Trail (the PCT).
An SDG&E rep told me these options were still open too.
Printed copies of these maps plus Q&A with SDG&E should be available at 2pm
or sooner in Borrego Springs.

Sierra Club has a rally going concerning the power lines in Anza Borrego
State Park at 7pm (Show up at 6pm).
Many, many Sierra Club outings are in this park every year.  Grow your hair
long and bring a protest sign.  Expect the last living survivors of the 60's
to do a song they wrote called "Wires" at the Park's hearing.

Today

2pm for a statement from the PCTA

7pm to save the park

Borrego Springs Resort