[pct-l] PCTA Trail Fest, Seattle, March 23-25

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Feb 7 13:08:13 CST 2007

Expensive is relative.  What's expensive to one person may not be expensive to the next.  I'd be willing to bet that $139 is average across all rates and options.  I've traveled a lot on business, and $139 is very reasonable for mid-range (not luxury) accommodations, especially for a large city like Seattle.

Not everyone chooses to live a spartan and/or frugal existence, and not everyone who is a trail supporter lives the thru-hiker lifestyle.  An organization that is catering to so many different groups and agencies has to aim at the middle, like it or not.

Staying at the recommended hotel is not obligatory; people can always find cheaper (and even free) alternatives if that's their choice.

L-Rod